The main page of the DefiLama platform displays information on the total value locked (TVL) in various DeFi projects. Users can sort the data by changes in TVL over different time periods, the volume of locked funds relative to the project's market capitalization, or simply search for a specific network. According to the latest information, the most significant amount of assets is locked in Lido Finance ($9 billion), MakerDAO ($6.4 billion), and Curve ($6.4 billion) protocols.
The TVL section of DeFi projects on DefiLama
The "Chain" section contains information about the TVL volume for the blockchain as a whole (not for individual startups deployed on them).
The TVL of the largest blockchains
The "DeFi" section is a treasure trove of valuable information on many aspects, including:
● Airdrops. Projects that have the potential to distribute airdrops of their own tokens, based on publicly available information.;
● Treasuries. Displays information about the treasury size and internal reserves of various DeFi projects;
● Oracles. TVL of the largest cryptocurrency oracles;
● Forks. TVL for networks that are forks of other blockchains;
● Top Protocols. Features a structured table of cryptocurrency protocols based on their total value locked, number of users, frequency of interaction, and more;
● Compare Protocols. This page allows users to select multiple DeFi projects and compare their Total Value Locked (TVL) over time using a chronological graph;
● Token Usage. Provides information on how coins are being utilized in various projects. Currently, the information is only available for Ethereum (ETH);
● Recent. Information on protocols that have recently been added to the platform;
● Language. Provides statistics on the usage of different programming languages.
The "Yields" section offers data on the profitability statistics of different staking and liquidity farming protocols. Users can filter the lists based on the project name, the key coin or blockchain, TVL, and profitability indicators.
The "Yields" segment on DefiLama
The "Yields" section also features the following data:
● Leveraged lending. The statistical information on DeFi lending projects that allow the use of leverage;
● Borrow. Overview of platforms that offer borrowing services;
● Stablecoin Pools. Profitability of stablecoin farming programs across various protocols;
● Projects. The total number and statistics of projects which posess liquidity pools.
DefiLama platform has its own DEX exchange where users can swap assets across various networks, including Arbitrum, BSC, Polygon, Optimism, Ethereum, and more. The platform does not have its own liquidity but acts as a DEX aggregator, similar to 1inch.
The DEX exchange page on the DefiLama platform.
DefiLama provides information on the reserves of centralized cryptocurrency exchanges, which is regularly updated based on the latest reports from auditors and announcements from the exchanges themselves.
CEX Transparency section
The liquidity levels across various DeFi platforms are displayed and can be filtered by specific projects or cryptocurrencies.
This section provides information on the total volume in the entire DeFi space, chronological changes, and individual DEXs.
The sections below provide statistics on trading in various cryptocurrency networks and options trading.
The public information about the locked liquidity, trading volumes, and average fees on the platform can be used to calculate the overall commission revenue, which is presented in a separate segment on DefiLama.
In this section, DefiLama provides information on past funding rounds and analyzes the investment activity of various funds.
The Raises section on DefiLama
This section presents structured information on existing stablecoins, including their market capitalization, blockchain, and price changes.
Stablecoin statistics on DefiLama
DefiLama gathers information on DeFi project hacks, allowing users to filter results by date of the attack, the cryptocurrency network, type of exploit, and amount of funds stolen.
DefiLama's Insights: Statistics on Crypto Hacks
ETH Liquid Staking
DefiLama provides information on the amount of locked ETH in various protocols for liquid staking, categorized by cryptocurrency network type, TVL volume, and chronological changes in this block, marking it as a fairly new area in the DeFi sector.
The ETH Liquid Staking section on DefiLama
Here are some extra tools you can play around with on DefiLama:
● LlamaNodes. A feature that allows users to set up a node for a particular project through the platform's provider;
● DLNews. DefiLama's news media outlet covering cryptocurrency and blockchain;
● Press/Media. Available to establish contact with the DefiLama platform's management;
● List Your Project. This feature provides interested parties with the opportunity to submit an application for their own project to be listed on one of DefiLama dashboards.
At the bottom of the main page, there are links to the project's social media accounts, an option to report bugs, and a button to switch the theme.
In conclusion, DefiLama is a valuable analytical resource that provides a wealth of data on blockchain projects. With its comprehensive information, users can conduct fundamental analysis on different projects and make informed decisions in the DeFi space.