Ukrainians Embrace Crypto Literacy with Diia and WhiteBIT

Photo - Ukrainians Embrace Crypto Literacy with Diia and WhiteBIT
It's been almost a year since the launch of the “Crypto Literacy and Blockchain” educational courses in Ukraine. This initiative was spearheaded by the state-backed platform Diia.Education and Europe's leading crypto exchange, WhiteBIT. Now, it's time to reflect on the initial outcomes.
In the development of this ambitious project, a slew of reputable blockchain firms and solo developers collaborated. Some noteworthy contributors included representatives from Filecoin Foundation, Atlantis World,, zkSync, Safe, and Optimism. The nation's commitment to the cryptocurrency cause is commendable, with the Ministry of Digital Transformation playing a pivotal role in the initiative. 

The “Crypto Literacy and Blockchain” program offers over 100 hours of comprehensive insights on blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and Web3 technologies. Since February 2023, the program has been accessible to anyone interested via the Diia.Education platform. WhiteBIT has contributed a section with exercises that delve into the intricacies of exchange functions and trading operations. This empowers participants to independently investigate startups and crypto projects and to proficiently navigate DeFi protocols and launchpads. Enrollment is just a few clicks away at

Within this relatively brief period, the course has attracted 18,000 Ukrainians. Their average age is 39, challenging the common notion that cryptocurrency is strictly for the younger generation. Of the participants, 65% were males, aged between 31 and 60 years, and the remaining 35% were females, aged between 18 and 30 years. This suggests that the male demographic slightly raised the overall age average. Nevertheless, the realms of crypto and blockchain transcend age, educational backgrounds, geographical boundaries, and societal factors. Many view this technology as revolutionary and forward-thinking, and its widespread accessibility is undeniably facilitated by such complementary programs.

Feedback from the attendees has been overwhelmingly positive, with an average rating of 9 out of 10. Common praises included the captivating and informative content, its clear presentation, timely examples complemented with additional resources, and a broader understanding of blockchain technology. Furthermore, the program's availability in English is not just advantageous for native speakers, but also for those keen on mastering the authentic terminology of the field.

“Our collaborative effort on the Diia.Education platform, focusing on cryptocurrencies and blockchain, is a crucial step forward in the development of Ukraine's crypto industry. It's aimed at equipping a new generation of experts who will introduce blockchain technologies in various sectors. Consequently, this will enhance the adoption of crypto assets, particularly since the younger generation is at the forefront of shaping Ukraine's future,” highlighted Volodymyr Nosov, founder and CEO of WhiteBIT.

Yulia Parkhomenko, the Head of the Digital Economy Department at the Ministry of Digital Transformation, stated: “Promoting digital education is among our top priorities at the Ministry. We're convinced that it plays an indispensable role in forging a strong national economy. It's immensely gratifying to see that we and a significant entity like WhiteBIT share a common vision about the importance of elevating crypto literacy and digital proficiency among our citizens. This mutual understanding led to the creation of an educational initiative, launched on the Diia.Education portal in February 2023. The overwhelmingly positive responses from students and specialists, along with widespread media attention, affirm its relevance and value.”

WhiteBIT stands as one of Europe's leading crypto exchanges. As of October 2023, it boasts a user base of over 4 million. The exchange processes an average daily trading volume exceeding $2.5 billion and supports more than 350 trading pairs, 270 assets, and 10 national currencies. 

Furthermore, WhiteBIT has established significant partnerships. The exchange is an official partner of the Ukrainian national football team and football clubs like Barcelona and Trabzonspor and collaborates with Lifecell, FACEIT, and the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy. In collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, it launched a chatbot to aid Ukrainians overseas. Some of the platform's latest milestones include the rollout of its own blockchain, the WB Network, and the WhiteBIT Launchpad – a platform dedicated to voting and launching new crypto projects.