The key crypto events coming up in the next two weeks!
Crypto calendar by Gagarin News
- Lightning Whitepaper Day marks the official publication of Joseph Poon and Thaddeus Drya's technical documentation for the Bitcoin Lightning Network.
- The Lightning Network, which is part of a new class of crypto technologies known as Layer 2 blockchains, was designed for fast and cheap transactions.
- Unlock of 5.56 million Filecoin tokens (about $20 million; 1.54% of the supply).
- Unlock of 187 million BitDAO tokens (about $85 million; 8.97% of the supply).
- SokuSwap launches its NFT marketplace.
- SokuSwap is the world's first multichain DEX-aggregator, with eight blockchains and over 10,000 tokens. The project claims that their platform is the simplest way to swap and trade crypto assets
- Unlock of 10.8 million ApeCoin tokens (about $34 million; 1.99% of the supply).
- "Institutions and DeFi in 2023" event in Davos, Switzerland.
- An event, hosted by DeFi aggregator 1inch Network, is dedicated to blockchain, decentralized finance, and Web3.
- First Web3 personal data protocol Masa launches mainnet.
- Masa Finance is a decentralized credit bureau and hybrid credit protocol. The company's goal is to "disrupt the traditional centralized credit infrastructure" with blockchain technology.
- Lightning Network Torch Day is a token promotion for network users who sent the most bitcoins via Lightning Network.
- The "lightning torch" experiment reached notable personalities including Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, Litecoin Creator Charlie Lee, Lightning Labs CEO Elizabeth Stark, and Binance CEO "CZ" Changpeng Zhao. The tweet that started it all.
- Unlock of 4.89 million Axie Infinity tokens (about $35 million; 4.26% of the supply).
- Quantum Miami Premier is a three-day Web3 & Blockchain conference.
- “The best crypto investors and blockchain entrepreneurs know that great fortunes are born in bear markets. That's why we're bringing together today's most successful industry pioneers, Web3 revolutionaries, and brilliant minds who are currently shaping and shifting the future of blockchain technology," says Yeh, head of Quantum Fintech Group
- Polkadot launches a three-week hackathon Polkadot Hackathon Global Series.
- This virtual three-week program builds on the success of the Polkadot APAC Hackathon-2021 and Polkadot North America Hackathon-2022 by bringing together the blockchain development community.
- Silk Road Day is the anniversary of the launch of the Silk Road trading platform.
- Silk Road was a digital marketplace that was popular for money laundering and illegal drug transactions using bitcoins. Silk Road, widely regarded as the first darknet trading platform, was launched in 2011 and eventually shut down by the FBI in 2013. Ross William Ulbricht, the company's founder, is currently serving a life sentence.